Monday, October 7, 2013

This was supposed to be a Sales Blog


This was supposed to be a sales blog. All the latest and greatest books on growing your business and becoming a six figure salesman says that I should have a Facebook Page(check), a LinkedIn Account(check), a Twitter Account(check), and Sales Blog (nuh uh). I have actually had this blog open for a few months now, but I just couldn’t figure out what to make my first post about.

 The first post is supposed to be the hook that keeps everyone coming back for more, right? Well after doing some soul searching and watching a lot of episodes of Scrubs, I have found that the reason I love sales and want to write about it is because it is a huge part of my life, so why not just write about my actual life instead. I mean, it will be a lot easier than writing about a field that I’ve been professionally doing for only about a year now. Besides, I’m from a small town. I would be kidding myself if I thought that by writing a sales blog I would gain international fame and become the best known salesman in the world. The people that will end up reading this will be close family and friends, and possibly the occasional stalker. Therefore, this blog will not be about how to close a deal in 20 seconds, or how to win the sale while blindfolded. This blog will not be titled “The Greenwood Salesman”, or “If You Want to be a Millionaire through Selling, Read this Blog.”

I have (after several gruesome changes) titled this blog “The Quality Life.” Now the title may suggest that I will give you tips on how to make your children love you more, but I will not. In fact, I’m not qualified to give anyone any advice unless they ask if a Chevy truck or a Ram truck is better (Ram definitely). I have given this wonderful new blog of mine the title “The Quality Life” for 2 reasons.

1.       My goal for my wife, son, and myself is to have a quality life. I strive for it every day, and even though I’m mostly to blame for why we are miserable some of the time I still will do anything I can to ensure that I provide what my parents never did.

2.       I work for Quality Automotive Group. I had to put Quality in the title because of reason #1 and because I owe the rest of my career in sales to Quality. Even if I move on to other companies, I will always consider myself a part of the “Quality Family.” They have helped me realize that selling not only can help me gain a better life financially, but it can also help make me a better person as long as I stay honest and genuine.

       Well there you have it. Above is my first blog. I would love to say that I have many more to come, but I am a young adult, and I love to start things without ever finishing them. This particular blog for example just kind of stops, doesn’t it? I mean, after the two reasons for my title, I should have had at least another paragraph before writing this conclusion, but I got sidetracked by a cool bug in my room. End.

No comments:

Post a Comment